The five most important aspects of your website
Nowadays, almost every company has a website. Companies know it is important, but why is that exactly? Well, maybe because 61 percent of internet users first use a search engine to research products and services? Or because of the 44 percent of online shoppers who begin their shopping by using a search engine*? Clearly a website is very important. But is your website any good?
How your website looks is very important because your website is very likely the first contact you will have with your potential customers. What are the most important aspects of your website?
Choose a professional website
A professional website will help you with the promotion of your company and increases sales. The website has to introduce what your company is all about as well as persuade your visitors to choose for your company. Important aspects to achieve a professional website are:
- a strong logo: the majority of people are visual learners. 40% of people will respond better to visual information than plain text**. A logo makes sure your visitors will recognize your company faster and it gives your company a human face. A logo distinguishes you from your competitors and helps build credibility instantly. It is not without reason Coco-Cola, Apple and Philips have not changed their logo for years: It is the identity of the company.
- a consistent design: Did you know that 46% of people say a website’s design is the number one criterion for discerning the credibility of the company?***. The combination and integration of your logo, your company colors and the layout of your website should be flawless and appeal to your customers. A strong website design helps build a strong brand identity.
- the use of professional photographs: use clear photographs of high quality on your website. It is unprofessional to use photographs you made with your mobile phone.
- good and easily readable content: The content is important to inform your visitors about your company. Use short sentences and paragraphs, meaningful (sub)headings, bulleted lists so your text is scannable: it will give your visitors the information they need quickly and clearly. Avoid errors in spelling and grammar because it makes you look inadequate. Bold important keywords and inform both your visitors as the search engines what your website is all about and get found better online on those keywords as a result.
- a logical navigation: with a logical navigation through your website you simplify the use of your website which has a positive effect on the user experience. Include key navigation links at critical points on your web pages (not only at the top of web pages) and help your visitors forward. With clear call to actions on your homepage for example, visitors can contact you easily to request a quotation or ask for more information about your products and services. This also has a positive effect on the usability of your website.
Order a Website today
Choose from our ready-made templates or order a custom website design. Choosing one of our websites means choosing for a profitable and professional website for your company. Furthermore, we offer all the services your website needs, so you do not have to get in touch with several firms. Contact us for further information.